Welcome to the official author's blog for Pico Triano. From this site you can find links to most of my online writing. The menu below will bring you to some of my more popular work and allow you to navigate the site. In the sidebar you will find feeds listing the latest articles on all my websites. Relax take you time and enjoy your visit.

Sunday 31 August 2014

Odds and Ends Finishing the Month



The month of August wasn't a stellar writing month for me. Changes to my schedule and all should translate into more and better writing from me but I'm still working my way through having a great deal of my life turned upside down.

I did successfully publish the September issue of Pico's Cycling - Tales of the Road. It has been a bit of a struggle. Thankfully I've gotten consistent work from fellow writer Jack Hawkins. I've managed ten months. Two more and we'll have been in existence for a whole year.

The latest issue is available right here: http://picoscycling.blogspot.ca/2014/08/picos-cycling-tales-of-road-september.html

One thing that I would like to get done is to make up actual magazine covers for each month that we've done and thumbnail them all on an archive page. I think that would be a neat way to handle that. Not sure I'll find the time for that very soon.

Hubpages really took a backseat this month and it shows in my stats. Writing an article there involves a great deal more thought and planning than dumping posts on Bubblews.

I have been working on a series of articles with titles starting with Homeschooling - Lessons of Opportunity. I imagine that isn't very search engine friendly but I don't have a lot of time to dig deeply into that subject anyway. For the most part I end up writing what I like and hope enough other people like the same things.

At this point there are four completed articles. If you click on the titles below you can access them right from here.

Homeschooling-Lessons of Opportunity: The Moose Skull

This is what happens when homeschoolers find a pile of animal bones in the bush.

Homeschooling-Lessons of Opportunity: The Shipwreck

The wreck of the SS Michipicoten lies off Cook's Dock, Manitoulin Island. We found a chunk of her on the beach and had an old timer witness tell us the story.

Homeschooling-Lessons of Opportunity: The Racing Pigeon

Recapturing my daughter's flock included a newcomer with a leg band.

Homeschooling-Lessons of Opportunity: Fort Beausejour/Fort Cumberland

Visiting a local historical site with huge significance in the history of North America.

I don't really restrict myself to one subject anywhere I write. Hubpages is no different. I appreciate the freedom a writer like myself has to express himself through that platform. Hubpages is an important part of my online writing. If you would like to know more about how I go about writing on that site I did write an article covering my masterplan, if you can call it that.

My Three Prong Online Article Writing Attack

I of course have a profile on Hubpages as well. You can visit it right here: http://picotriano.hubpages.com/. Links to my online writing profiles are listed in the righthand column as well.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment